The coronavirus outbreak has been particularly harmful for sex workers experiencing cancellations, job loss, and lost income—not to mention the risk of infection.
Donate money and supplies
Sex workers and advocates have set up emergency relief fundraisers in cities like New York, Detroit, Portland, and Las Vegas. Other sex workers’ rights organizations in specific localities, as well as online, are raising funds too.
- Lysistrata: online sex worker mutual care collective
- Red Canary Song: advocate group for Asian and migrant sex workers in New York City
- SWOP Behind Bars: nonprofit providing community support for incarcerated sex workers
- Green Light Project: Seattle-based harm reduction outreach group for street-based sex workers
- Bay Area Workers Support: Bay Area-based sex worker resource organization
- Coyote RI: Rhode Island-based sex worker advocacy grassroots organization